Survey and Mapping of Sabah Al-Ahmad Nature Reserve
“Agriculture Cloud Service Project” planned by Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, Taiwan focuses on the development of agriculture cloud and building comprehensive essential data of agriculture in Taiwan through cloud computing technologies. Working with cloud service, Agriculture Cloud Service Project also employs Information and Communication Technology to enhance the sustainable development of agriculture.
Based on this cloud computing project, Taiwan Agriculture Research Institute Council of Agriculture put forward “Cloud Service for Agricultural Production Area Management” to substantially share and integrate agriculture information and relevant workflows. cooperating with cloud computing technologies, the scheme integrates and provides agriculture-related information such as Weather, Soil, Fertilizer Application Management, Insect Pest Alert, Agriculture Disaster, etc.
In this project, a database and agricultural information system are employed for agriculture cloud. Over the Internet, all the data on agriculture cloud database will be integrated into map through GIS geoprocessing technologies. Thus, agricultural specialists, tillage managers and farmers can effortlessly query agricultural and geo-spatial-related information such as records of climate change, weather forecasts, water resource, soil, geological information, topographic information, and disaster prevention information and so on.
Agriculture Cloud Database: Agriculture-related data of soil and water resource collection and database management
Agriculture Information System: Providing information for multilevel decision making and environment development
Applying SuperGIS Server, the system adopts GIS the core technology of agriculture cloud to integrate and geoprocess agriculture-related information including weather, water resource, soil, fertilizer application management, insect pest alert, production marketing, and agriculture disaster prevention. Also, the system combines with knowledge bases and decision support databases in various domains to develop Agriculture Information Application and Integration System.
This project includes two parts, “Agriculture Cloud Database” and “Agriculture Information System”, to build the spatial data of most exquisite agriculture information (Agriculture Cloud Database).
In “Agriculture Cloud Database”, GIS geoprocessing technology is employed to classify, store and manage geospatial data in cloud database for enhancing integrity and accuracy of agriculture-related digital information in Taiwan.
The agriculture cloud system built with SuperGIS Server takes GIS as core technology to geoprocess agriculture-related information, including weather, water resource, soil, fertilizer application management, insect pest alert, production marketing, and agriculture disaster prevention.
GIS geoprocessing helps to classify agriculture-related decision data in the database according to Common Land Unit (CLU); and the classified data will be used to display tillage information. In this way, the most exquisite agriculture-related spatial data of management can be built.
In “Agriculture Information System”, data on agriculture cloud are integrated into map on GIS for agricultural specialists, tillage managers and farmers to quickly query agriculture-related spatial information such as records of climate change, weather forecasts, water resource, soil, geological information, topographic information, disaster prevention information and so on.
Built with SuperGIS Server, Agriculture Information System displays the agriculture-related information in agriculture cloud database with map, statistical diagram and visualized chart. Data in agriculture cloud database is sorted into seven categories, including Weather, Water Resource, Soil, Fertilizer Application Management, Insect Pest Alert, Production Marketing, and Agriculture Disaster Prevention.
To satisfy the feature of agricultural in-situ application, the system is designed as a web application for both of desktop and App usage.
The App is particularly designed for iPAD and supports agricultural specialists, tillage managers and farmers to query agriculture-related spatial information of specified tillage quickly and effectively by positioning the tillage with GPS and selecting the information category. Content of agriculture-related Information in this App categories contain Historical Climate, Weather Forecast, Tillage Information, Losses from Disaster, and Statistics of Losses.
1. GPS Positioning: Users can query a specified tillage by selecting tillage parcel number with GPS function.
2. Tillage Information: After positioning with GPS, users will enter tillage information page. Tillage information includes tillage owner, crops, area, address, etc. By clicking on screen of iPAD, users can modify the data they recorded.
3. Historical Climate: Users can enter the page to query records of climate change.
records of climate change
4. Weather Forecast: In this page, users can view the weather forecast in the tillage area, and connect to the Forecasts page of Central Weather Bureau and view weather forecasts of 368 townships in Taiwan.
5. Insect Pest Alert: Users can view the relevant information like alert published date, township, type of the insect pest, primary period of prevention, pesticide, etc, of the alert district. The whole alert information will be shown in Alert Content; and what in Suggestions for Preventions tells how to prevent insect pest well.
6. Tillage Information: In this category, users can browse records of the tillage information including chemical data of soil (e.g., essential soil information, pH value, organic matter) and crops on the tillage.
7. Losses from Disaster: Users can view records of losses from disaster and add new records. Records of losses from disaster show disaster-related information like date, disaster type, crop, damaged area and damaged proportion, recorder, etc.
8. Statistics of Losses: Enter Statistics of Losses from Disaster page, users can view damaged area and damage proportion of tillage in each township.
statistics of losses from disaster
The agriculture cloud database developed in this project employs GIS technologies from SuperGIS Server to integrate, classify, store and manage primary information of agriculture and significantly enhances integrity and accuracy of agriculture-related digital information in Taiwan. With “Agriculture Information System” and “Agriculture Information App”, all the data in agriculture cloud database can be integrated into map on GIS for agricultural specialists, tillage managers and farmers to rapidly and effectively query agriculture-related spatial information according to different spatial categories.